It was just me and Brenda tonight. I arrived a bit early and did a Ganesh Mantra in the car and read a little from one of my Yoga books. I think this really helped me get grounded and leave my work day behind. When I entered the building, Miss Eleanor was at the front desk. She let Shawn know Yoga was about to begin and the kids started gathering. I had about 8 kids sitting cross legged in a circle when Brenda arrived and we started with our names..OM.. More kids trickled in and about 14 total came. Brenda brought a bag of fun games to play and we started with the kids closing their eyes and touching the objects that Brenda had in the bag. Most kids peeked, but they really enjoyed the game. We also did smell and sound and then Brenda red from a yoga book as we acted out the story in poses. The kids got rowdy at times, but they really enjoyed it. Taking them back to the OM always brings the energy back down. The other part of this story-time experience was observing how the children gathered closer and closer to Brenda as she read the story with such excitement. It's as if she was glowing and rising up off the ground to these wide eyed little ones trying to get closer to the magic.
Jai Ma
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.