Tonight Tricia and I had a wonderful group of 11. The ages were 5-12 and they listened well and seemed to really enjoy themselves. We did some breathing, twisting, passed around cards with asana names and went around the circle demonstrating and having fun. The kids continue to amaze me with their energy, enthusiasm and knowledge of yoga. One of our new little girls, probably 6 years old, knew downward facing dog. So cool! We chanted OM, relaxed in savasana feeling our breath raise our bellies and then made some Thanksgiving cards. I was the lucky recipient of one of the beautifully made cards by a sweet boy. One of our regulars. I am so grateful to be in the company of these wonderful kids and teachers. I have so much to be thankful for.
I've volunteered to help with the Thanksgiving celebration that the shelter is having. They are actually going to a church in South Philly. My Mom and I will join them. I'm so excited to share the day with these sweet kids and their families.
Happy Thanksgiving


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.